1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

His toy driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Raedon10, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Apr 19, 2024 at 11:33 AM
    Raedon10

Raedon10 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Wrangler Rubicon
    2in body left
    Hello to all the Jeepers! My husband bought his toy new in 2004 and treated it like a baby most of the time. We lost him in 2018 and our son wanted to drive dad's toy fulltime. Its been a great ride until the last year or so. Son has now bought a big boy truck, for work and the "toy" is back with me. So that's why I'm here to learn from Jeepers how it keep it rolling.

2 issues that I can't seem to get "fixed"

Thermostat keeping it too Cold.
    Death wobble - I know its a jeep, but there has to be something to help. I've replace all the front end suspension parts!

Thanks for listening!

Bob and shooter65 like this.
  2. Apr 19, 2024 at 7:34 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Hey @Raedon10. First off. Sorry your having issues. Let's see if we can help ya.

Jeep running to cool. Thermostat is most likely stuck open. Replace it and I'd flush cooling system. When's the last time it was flushed n refilled?

Death Wobble is NOT a persistent issue with Jeeps. There's an issue somewhere with the steering linkage. If you replaced the entire front end. Did you get a complete alignment. All 4 wheel alignment? A good alignment shop SHOULD find your issue... There's numerous reasons why you'd have these issues. When you say suspension parts. What exactly did you have repaced?

If everything is new. Tie Rod, Drag Link, control arms, track bar, steering stabilizer, etc etc. I'd get an alignment first off.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Bob, shooter65 and aggrex like this.
  3. Apr 20, 2024 at 5:36 AM
    shooter65

shooter65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Rubicon 4 Door
    Welcome to the site, as @jk Bob said, find a good alignment shop so you don't go in circles replacing parts that don't need replaced.

Bob likes this.
  4. Apr 20, 2024 at 6:35 AM
    Raedon10

Raedon10 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Wrangler Rubicon
    2in body left
    Thank you for your replies. I have had the thermostat changed 5 times, but I'm not sure they flushed the system so maybe that is the issue. On the alignment I had the local tire shop do an alignment after different parts were replaced. I guess I should find another shop to check everything and ensure it is a 4 wheel alignment. I appreciate your help.

To Top